Citric acid is used in everything from soft drinks to desserts for its sour taste. It also controls the acidity of many dishes and keeps some fruits from darkening.
$5.98 – $229.75
Citric acid is used in everything from soft drinks to desserts for its sour taste. It also controls the acidity of many dishes and keeps some fruits from darkening. This product enhances the activity of many beneficial antioxidants, but is not, itself, an antioxidant. It is currently the most frequently used preservative in the world.
Citric acid helps add flavor to sweets, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. It is also used to help strengthen the gelatin in jams and slows down the oxidation process in fruits which helps the fruit keep its color longer. It is helpful in cream cheese making and for making ice cream.
Sometimes, it is added to wine, by helping to improve the taste of grapes with low acidity. In beer, citric acid helps to optimize the beer yield because it reduces the sugar loss from the barley as it germinates.
- Bulk Pack – packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag
- 25 LB Bulk Pack – packed in a food-grade liner inside a box
- Small Bottle – packed in one clear, 5.5 fl oz plastic bottle
- Medium Bottle – packed in one clear, 32 fl oz plastic bottle
- Large Bottle – packed in one clear, 160 fl oz plastic bottle
- Pail Pack – packed in one 4.25 gallon plastic pail
1 Pound Bulk, 5 Pound Bulk, 25 Pound Bulk, 5.58 Oz Small Bottle, 32 Oz Medium Bottle, 152 Oz Large Bottle, 25 Pound Pail
Our standard products ship in the following containers:
- 1 pound bulk
- 5 pound bulk
- 25 pound bulk
- Small 5.5 fl oz bottle (5″ tall x 2″ round)
- Medium 32 fl oz bottle (8″ tall x 3.5″ wide x 2.5″ deep)
- Large 160 fl oz bottle (10.5″ tall x 7.5″ wide x 4.5″ deep)
- Pail pack
Bulk Pack is packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag. The 25 LB Bulk Pack is packed in a food-grade liner inside a box.
*Some products are not available in all packaging sizes. Check each individual product for availability.