Arrowroot powder is a great clear thickening agent, so that is why it is commonly used in the glaze for tops of pies.
$4.77 – $247.25
Arrowroot powder is used for thickening in the same way you might use corn starch. Some of the great advantages of using arrowroot instead of corn starch or flour is that it creates a very clear gel when thickened. This keeps sauces or gravies from changing colors and creates clear glazes for the tops of pies. One of the other great advantages of this starch is that it is gluten free.
Arrowroot powder is the only clear thickening agent, so that is why it is commonly used in the glaze for tops of pies. It can also be used in breads, sauces, and gravies. Arrowroot makes clear, shimmering fruit gels and prevents ice crystals from forming in homemade ice cream. It can also be used as a thickener for acidic foods, such as Asian sweet and sour sauce. Arrowroot is used in cooking to produce a clear, thickened sauce, such as a a fruit sauce. It will not make the sauce go cloudy, like cornstarch, flour or other starchy thickening agents would. The lack of gluten in arrowroot flour makes it useful as a replacement for wheat flour in baking. Make sure to cook your sauces at a low temperature.
Arrowroot powder is a good choice for your starch in place of corn starch. It is vegan, gluten free, good for your digestive system and low in calories.
Pure Arrowroot Powder – No Fillers
- Bulk Pack – packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag
- 25 LB Bulk Pack – packed in a food-grade liner inside a box
- Small Bottle – packed in one clear, 5.5 fl oz plastic bottle
- Medium Bottle – packed in one clear, 32 fl oz plastic bottle
- Large Bottle – packed in one clear, 160 fl oz plastic bottle
- Pail Pack – packed in one 4.25 gallon plastic pail
Make sure to store in a cool, dry, dark location and in an air-tight storage container for best freshness.
1 Pound Bulk, 5 Pound Bulk, 25 Pound Bulk, 3.1 Oz Small Bottle, 20 Oz Medium Bottle, 94 Oz Large Bottle, 20 Pound Pail
Our standard products ship in the following containers:
- 1 pound bulk
- 5 pound bulk
- 25 pound bulk
- Small 5.5 fl oz bottle (5″ tall x 2″ round)
- Medium 32 fl oz bottle (8″ tall x 3.5″ wide x 2.5″ deep)
- Large 160 fl oz bottle (10.5″ tall x 7.5″ wide x 4.5″ deep)
- Pail pack
Bulk Pack is packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag. The 25 LB Bulk Pack is packed in a food-grade liner inside a box.
*Some products are not available in all packaging sizes. Check each individual product for availability.