Buttermilk powder can be used in any recipe calling for buttermilk, such as waffles, pancakes, scones, cupcakes or biscuits. Simply mix the buttermilk powder with the other dry ingredients and then use water to supply the necessary liquid.
$13.01 – $269.00
Buttermilk powder is made from real buttermilk so this product does not contain the live cultures needed to produce cheese and yogurt. This means it doesn’t contain lactic acid, making it suitable for those intolerant to lactose.
Buttermilk powder can be used in any recipe calling for buttermilk, such as waffles, pancakes, scones, cupcakes or biscuits. Simply mix the powder with the other dry ingredients and then use water to supply the necessary liquid. This product won’t spoil like liquid buttermilk. This makes it more economical and less wasteful, as liquid buttermilk is often wasted after only a small amount is used in a specific recipe.
To reconstitute: For 1 cup of buttermilk, combine ¼ cup buttermilk powder with 1 cup cool water. It helps if you stir the powder into the milk, allow it to sit, then stir again. If you have a shaker bottle with a mixing ball, that works well too.
- This powder can be used to make ranch dressing or cheese seasonings.
- In bake mixes like biscuits or pancakes, the powder can be used to replace the liquid buttermilk, using water to hydrate instead. An example would be if your pancake mix required 1 cup of buttermilk. You could add ¼ cup buttermilk powder to the dry mix, then add 1 cup of water when you add the other liquid components like egg and vanilla.
- Bulk Pack – packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag
- 25 LB Bulk Pack – packed in a food-grade liner inside a box
- Small Bottle – packed in one clear, 5.5 fl oz plastic bottle
- Medium Bottle – packed in one clear, 32 fl oz plastic bottle
- Large Bottle – packed in one clear, 160 fl oz plastic bottle
- Pail Pack – packed in one 4.25 gallon plastic pail
1 Pound Bulk, 5 Pound Bulk, 25 Pound Bulk, 20 Oz Bottle, 80 Oz Bottle, 20 Pound Pail
Our standard products ship in the following containers:
- 1 pound bulk
- 5 pound bulk
- 25 pound bulk
- Small 5.5 fl oz bottle (5″ tall x 2″ round)
- Medium 32 fl oz bottle (8″ tall x 3.5″ wide x 2.5″ deep)
- Large 160 fl oz bottle (10.5″ tall x 7.5″ wide x 4.5″ deep)
- Pail pack
Bulk Pack is packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag. The 25 LB Bulk Pack is packed in a food-grade liner inside a box.
*Some products are not available in all packaging sizes. Check each individual product for availability.
There are no reviews yet.