Sea salt is formed from the natural evaporation of ocean water. It is 98% sodium chloride with trace minerals such as iron, magnesium, sulfur, or iodine.
Sea salt is formed from the natural evaporation of ocean water. It is 98% sodium chloride with trace minerals such as iron, magnesium, sulfur, or iodine. It is different from table salt because table salt does not generally contain these trace minerals. Unlike table salt, which may be mined from land-based sources, natural sea salt does not contain added anti-caking ingredients or potassium iodide. No additives are in this product. It is also certified Kosher.
The most notable differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste. Many cooks like to use sea salt because it is considered more flavorful than the standard table version. Use it as a crust for baked potatoes or in French and Thai cuisine.
This product is often used as an ingredient in cosmetics. It is also used in bath salts, and in facial and body scrubs.
- Bulk Pack – packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag
- 25 LB Bulk Pack – packed in a food-grade liner inside a box
- Small Bottle – packed in one clear, 5.5 fl oz plastic bottle
- Medium Bottle – packed in one clear, 32 fl oz plastic bottle
- Large Bottle – packed in one clear, 160 fl oz plastic bottle
- Pail Pack – packed in one 4.25 gallon plastic pail
1 Pound Bulk, 5 Pound Bulk, 25 Pound Bulk
Our standard products ship in the following containers:
- 1 pound bulk
- 5 pound bulk
- 25 pound bulk
- Small 5.5 fl oz bottle (5″ tall x 2″ round)
- Medium 32 fl oz bottle (8″ tall x 3.5″ wide x 2.5″ deep)
- Large 160 fl oz bottle (10.5″ tall x 7.5″ wide x 4.5″ deep)
- Pail pack
Bulk Pack is packed in a clear plastic food-grade zip lock bag. The 25 LB Bulk Pack is packed in a food-grade liner inside a box.
*Some products are not available in all packaging sizes. Check each individual product for availability.