To Our Valued Customers:
We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and associates very seriously. Like you, we are actively monitoring and assessing the global spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We do not see a risk of the COVID-19 virus being transmitted through food products and the FDA has released recent statements affirming this, as well as outlining their actions concerning the virus. This, along with additional information can be found on their website (www.fda.gov). Nonetheless, our top priority is food safety and the health of our employees and partners. We will continue to adhere to strict Good Manufacturing Practices within our AA BRCGS facility while holding our suppliers to the highest standards of food safety.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are employing the following strategies to keep our workforce healthy and address COVID-19:
- We are following the guidance and recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal, provincial, state, and local government, health authorities, and relevant industry agencies.
- We have organized an internal response team which meets regularly to discuss the most current information available regarding the virus, to communicate with our staff, and to make any improvements to our current strategies.
- We have adopted a no hand-shake and no contact policy.
- We have a no visitor policy and eliminated outside access to our facility.
- We have encouraged as many employees as possible to work from home, halted all business travel, and conduct meetings by phone or video wherever possible.
- For those employees who must report to the facility, we are staggering shifts and break times, and segregating manufacturing area within a function so that we have coverage but are able to keep appropriate social distances.
While we continue to operate with this limited staff we are asking for your patience and understanding should you experience any delays in your orders.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us. We thank you for being our partner through this most challenging time.
Director of Food Technologies
Rocky Mountain Spice Company