Spicy Summer Grilled Shrimp
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon MySpicer Extreme Heat Pepper Blend (adjust according to your spice tolerance)
- Salt to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, Extreme Heat Pepper Blend, and salt to create a marinade.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto the soaked wooden skewers, piercing them through both the head and tail ends, keeping them flat.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp turns pink and slightly charred. Avoid overcooking to maintain their tenderness.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter.
Serve the spicy grilled shrimp skewers as a standalone appetizer or pair them with a refreshing salad, such as a cucumber and mint salad or a watermelon and feta salad, to balance the heat.