Fall will be here in a week and with the changing colors of the leaves and the cool mornings, I know that pumpkin spice season has also arrived.
Pumpkin spice season seems to be everywhere. In fact, my local coffee shop has already started making the popular and loved pumpkin spice latte. I love the warm flavors and smells of the pumpkin and coffee mixture. The combination of pumpkin and vanilla aroma is comforting.
To celebrate pumpkin spice season, we thought we would share a recipe for making your own pumpkin spice latte.
Celebrate pumpkin spice season with a yummy homemade pumpkin spice latte
- 1 cup coffee – make sure it is strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk – whole milk will taste best
- 1 – 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree such as Libby’s®
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
Mix milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat with a whisk. Continue to mix until the mixture of foamy.
Pour the freshly brewed coffee into a large mug and add the foam mixture to the mug.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice