Covid-19 has created a situation where everyone is cooking at home more than ever. To create a little fun for our employees, we invented a new house blend and used it as part of a recipe contest. The “foodies” at Rocky Mountain Spice Company are always looking for new ways to use our spices and ingredients.
Everyone was provided a sample of our Rocky Mountain Super Seasoning and asked to come up with a recipe to share with the group. Because we couldn’t all gather and try these tasty dishes together, each participant had to take their own pictures and share with the group so we could virtually drool over the food. We posted all recipes and photos and asked everyone to vote for their favorite.
The winning recipe and home cook was announced to the group and now we’re happy to share it with our MySpicer community! And the winner is…. Mica! You can find Mica’s fantastic recipe below.
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Rocky Mountain Super Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Grated Carrots
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 8 oz. Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Vegetable Oil, enough to fill bottom of pan ¼”
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, Rocky Mountain Super Seasoning, carrots and milk.
- Divide mixture evenly and form 6 to 8 patties.
- Fill the center of each patty with cheese and make sure the cheese is covered on all sides with the meat mixture. Chill patties for at least 20 minutes.
- Dust chilled patties with flour, dip into the beaten egg then roll in panko to evenly coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry patties in vegetable oil until cooked through and golden brown. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Try drizzling with Tonkatsu Sauce.
- Add a side of rice.